Bidar – Basavakalyan
One of the most amazing trips, need two days, not a single moment will be wasted. Culturally and monumentally rich twin cities. Any Saturday – Sunday combination will do.
Friday night: Mumbai to Bidar: CSMT –Bidar Express – 21:00 – 09:15 am
Saturday: Arrive by 09:30 am, Check in the hotel, freshen up.
Have Breakfast, leave by 11.00 am for Basavkalyan Sightseeing.
Basavakalyan is 1.5 hrs away from Bidar. Around an hour, stop at Jalsanghvi/Jalasanghi to check out the ancient Kamalishwara temple. Lunch on the way.
After Jalsanghvi Temple, if you want, you can stop to visit the Veerabhadra Temple at Humanabad to check out the 50 Ft tall Deepasthamba. Thereafter, you can stop at Basavana Statue, which has an adjoining Cave.
But make sure to reach Basavakalyan Fort before 5.30 pm. Because, that is the closing time and the Fort is huge! Keep atleast 1.5 hrs for same and do hire a guide.
If time permits, other places to visit are:
- Akkanadevi Cave Temple (Underground Cave)
- Uma Maheshwar Temple at Umapur
Day 2: Bidar
- Narasimha Jharni Temple,
- Bidar Fort (Rangin Mahal, Solah Khambh Masjid, Jami Masjid, Gagan Mahal, Diwan-e-aam, Royal Pavillion, Tarkash Mahal) – Will take more than 2 hours to visit.
- Madrassa of Mahmud Gawan – 30 mins
- Chaubara – on the crossroad, 10 mins
- Guru Jhira Sahib – 30 mins
Lunch either at Guru Jhira Sahib or in the city.
- Chaukhandi – 5 kms away from City
- Bahmani Ruler Tombs – 1 hr
- Barid Shahi Tombs – 1 hr
- Deva Deva Vana (We skipped this)
Catch the night train back to Mumbai!
For detailed blog about these place, please click – Basavakalyan & Bidar